How Much Does a Cat Skid Steer Loader Cost?
Last Updated: January 10, 2022
On This Page
CostOwl.com note: Need a skid steer loader at an affordable price? Fill out the 30 second questionnaire below and our skid steer loader partners will send you free price quotes.
Caterpillar has been making construction equipment since 1925, and its legacy of quality is built into the company's diverse lineup of skid steer loaders. Cat loaders range in power from 47 to 90 horsepower and can lift loads that weigh up to 3,250 pounds. This impressive capacity, combined with a large array of available skid steer attachments, extends the versatility of Cat skid loaders and allows business owners to tackle many different types of jobs. This buying guide describes the features that make Cat skid steer loaders an excellent investment and provides straightforward pricing information.
Cat Skid Steer Loader Features #
Caterpillar skid steer loaders are thoughtfully designed, expertly engineered, and have what it takes to get the job done right.
- Smooth operator: Cat had the operator in mind when it designed the cab on its skid steer loaders. Features such as a 12 volt DC power socket, sliding windows, climate control, intuitive instrumentation, high visibility, easy access, and low effort controls ensure that operators remain comfortable even over long shifts.
- Intelligent power: With an anti-stall feature, variable displacement piston pumps, durable drive axles, variable engine speeds, and reliable diesel engines, every Caterpillar skid steer has an aggressive yet refined power train.
- Vertical lifting capability: In some work situations a radial lift path just won't cut it, which is why Caterpillar skid loaders provide a straight load path with a reduced risk of breakage.
- Advanced hydraulics: The powerful and reliable hydraulic system on Cat skid steer loaders mean that work tools can deliver optimum performance.
- Easy to service: Design features such as a tilting cab, removable belly pan, and grouped maintenance points make Cat skid steers simple to maintain.
- Tools of the trade: All of the Cat work tools, including augers, backhoes, buckets, cold planers, hammers, pallet forks, snowblowers, stump grinders, and much more, attach easily with Caterpillar's quick coupler system.
Cat Skid Steer Loader Sample Costs #
If a Cat skid loader sounds right for your business, the prices below should give you an idea of how much it will cost. Keep in mind, however, that actual prices may vary by dealer and location.
The most important pricing consideration for Caterpillar skid steers is operating capacity, as measured in pounds.
For a Cat skid steer loader with a capacity between 1,400 and 2,000 pounds, you might pay approximately $15,000 to $30,000.
Cat skid steer loaders with a capacity of over 2,000 pounds might cost approximately $30,000 to $50,000 or more.
If you're looking for a previously owned machine, there are also many used cat skid steer loaders available. Used skid steers cost roughly:
$7,500-$12,500 for a Cat 226 (1,500 pound capacity, approximately 1,000 working hours).
$15,000-$20,000 for a Cat 246 (2,000 pound capacity, around 1,000 hours).
$20,000-$25,000 for a Cat 247B (rubber tracks, 60 HP, approximately 500 hours).
$30,000-$35,000 for a Cat 246C (73 HP, less than 500 hours).
Cat skid steer attachments can cost anywhere from around $1,000 to $10,000 for more basic tools such as buckets, mowers, and sweepers, and up to $10,000 to $20,000 or more for hydraulic attachments like pavement saws and cold planers. Used skid steer attachments are also available for a fraction of the price.