How Much Does a Nortel Norstar Phone System Cost?
Last Updated: August 22, 2022
On This Page
CostOwl.com note: Need a phone system service at an affordable price? Fill out the 30 second questionnaire below and our phone system partners will send you free price quotes.
Nortel Networks Goes Out of Business #
In January 2019, Nortel Networks filed for Bankruptcy in both the United States and Canada. Nortel shares went from being worth over $124 to being delisted from Toronto Stock Exchange. At one point, Nortel was the 9th most valuable company in the world and employed almost 100k people. It is said that what brought the tech giant down was a lack of vision as well as fraud and greed. While you can no longer do business with Nortel, there are now a variety of new innovative phone system companies that can help you with your phone system purchase. Use our service for a free price quote.
About Nortel #
Nortel had been a global leader in telecommunications since 1895 when it was originally founded as Northern Electric and Manufacturing. In its early years, the company led the way by manufacturing groundbreaking equipment such as a one-wire telegraphic switchboard used in World War I, vacuum tubes used for long-distance communications, and electromechanical switches that allowed for push-button phone dialing and inter-city dialing.
Continuing to innovate through the telephony era and into the internet age, the company now known as Nortel has broken new ground in the world of telecommunications through advancements such as "always on" internet connections, next-generation wireless calling, VoIP phone systems, and a strategic alliance with Microsoft that has redefined what unified communications can achieve. Moving forward, Nortel maintains this same spirit of innovation and continually strives to meet the constant changes of the modern telecommunications world.
Nortel Phone System Prices (Historical Prices) #
Note: Nortel no longer sells new phone systems as they have gone out of business. However, if you are in need of a new or replacement phone system you can use our free quote request system to get connected to the newest and best phones system dealers in your area.
Nortel office phone systems can save your company time, frustration, and most importantly, money. A Nortel phone system is a business tool that will allows you to be more effective. Enhance your brand by building a reputation for stellar service and continue to grow into the future. No matter what you're looking for, from basic applications such as voicemail and auto attendant, to more sophisticated functions including Computer Telephony Integration (CTI) and Interactive Voice Response (IVR), Nortel has a setup that's right for you. Below are some of the company's more popular small business phone systems.
- A used/refurbished Nortel Meridian Digital Phone system costs approximately $600-$1,700
- You could get a used Nortel Norstar MICS (Modular Integrated Communications System) with 8 phone lines, 32 phone sets, music on hold, background music, speed dialing, intercom, and more for around $650.
- A used digital Nortel MICS complete system with 32 phone sets, voicemail for 1,000 mailboxes, 100 hours of memory, 12 phones, and the capacity for up to 150 phones costs about $1,050.
- A Nortel Compact Integrated Communications System (CICS) costs around $2,500 to $4,750.
- For approximately $2,500 you can get a new system capable of handling 8 lines, 16 station ports, two universal cartridge slots, 255 system speed dials, 4 ports x 10 mailboxes, automated attendant, voice messaging, and more.
- A Nortel Norstar CICS system with a CICS KSU, 7.1 SIP software, 2 caller ID trunk cards, 1 Norstar CallPilot 100 w/10 mailboxes, and 10 T7316e Nortel phones costs approximately $4,500.
- A Norstar Applications Module costs around $600-$750.
- A new Norstar Applications Module with 8 physical ports, 4 voice channels, 2 physical extension ports, 100 hours of message storage time, and more costs approximately $650.
- For around $765 you can get a Norstar Applications Module with 8 physical ports, 8 voice channels, 1,000 mailboxes, 100 hours of message storage time, a fiber interface, 4.1 software, and more.
- A Nortel Meridian Norstar Phone System PBX Computer T-1 runs around $15,000. This highly capable system comes with 12 lines, 64 extensions, 16 station modules, 64 voice mail boxes, auto-attendant, pager notification, and much, much more.
Watch: The Rise and Fall of Nortel Networks - 5 Minute History Lesson #
Watch this video to find out what brought down this massive tech company.