How Much Does a Warehouse Pallet Racks System Cost?
Last Updated: December 28, 2021
On This Page
CostOwl.com note: Need a pallet rack system at an affordable price? Fill out the 30 second questionnaire below and our pallet rack partners will send you free price quotes.
Pallet rack systems offer a logical method of organizing any warehouse. Buying a pallet rack system can also greatly increase the storage capacity of your warehouse.
With pallet rack systems, goods, products, and materials are stacked on wooden platforms known as pallets. Those pallets are then stored on rows of shelving with vertical beams that support the rack and horizontal beams that hold the pallets. The single storage area that is crated where the vertical and horizontal beams meet is known as a bay.
Types of Warehouse Pallet Systems #
There are several different types of warehouse pallet rack systems, including:
- Single-deep pallet racks are the most traditional. They offer easy access to each pallet but fairly low density.
- Double-deep pallet racks add a second row of pallets behind the first. They're ideal if you need extra density but they make access to some pallets more difficult.
- Gravity-flow racks offer high density storage for warehouses that operate on a first-in, first-out product cycle. As new pallets come in, they're loaded from the back of the shelf, push older items to the front of the rack.
- Drive-in or drive-through racks are designed to allow easy access to all of the shelves with a forklift. Each bay is wide enough to accommodate a forklift.
When selecting a warehouse pallet system, it is crucial to weigh the benefits of density versus access. Systems that are very dense will provide you with a far greater amount of storage space. But, they will make it difficult to access some of the pallets. Decide which is more important to you.
Warehouse Pallet System Average Costs #
Warehouse pallet racks systems range from $50 to $400 per pallet position, including the cost of installation. The higher the density, the more expensive your warehouse pallet system will be.
- Single-deep pallet racks tend to run $50 to $80 per pallet position.
- Double-deep pallet racks usually sell for $80 to $200 per pallet position.
- Gravity-flow racks are the most expensive, running $200 to $400 per pallet position.
There are a few optional accessories that could add to the total cost of your pallet rack system. Bumper posts or column guards, for example, protect each post from damage by forklifts or other objects in the warehouse. They usually cost anywhere from $50 to $300 each.