How Much Does It Cost to Lease an All-in-One Printer?
Last Updated: December 09, 2021
On This Page
CostOwl.com note: Need an office copier at an affordable price? Fill out the 30 second questionnaire below and our office copier partners will send you free price quotes.
A printer is a basic business essential. However, another business essential is saving money. Equipment with more than one capability saves money as well as space, increasing overall productivity. All-in-one printers include scanning, copying, and faxing capabilities, and may offer even more features. That's a minimum of four business machines in a single item.
Leasing is another proven money-saving method. Top models with lots of great features come with a hefty price tag. Leasing makes affording these multifunction printers easier, even for smaller businesses.
Benefits of Leasing an All-In-One Printer #
Leasing all-in-one printers is relatively inexpensive, especially if your leasing agreement includes maintenance and ink. For example, you can get an $800 printer for $30 per month, including replacement ink. Even without the ink, you'd have to own the printer for 27 months to break even. With replacement print cartridges costing anywhere from $15 to $140 depending on the unit, that cost may be significant.
Points to Consider Before Leasing a Printer #
The business owner must look carefully at the printer's features before leasing the machine. This helps you make the smartest choice. Here are some things that you should look for before signing the deal:
- Functionality: Only lease a printer that also functions as a fax machine, scanner, and a copier. This will reduce costs and save on space. However, if your needs are not as demanding, you may want to consider choosing a printer alone.
- Upgrades: Before leasing an all-in-one printer, determine whether the agreement permits upgrades within the lease period. This ensures that you are up-to-date with relevant printing technologies and have the ability to expand your equipment along with your business.
- Environmentally friendly: If your goal is reducing your carbon footprint, look for an environmentally friendly machine.
- The cost of running the machine should also be factored into the lease, as some of these machines are heavy on power usage. Then again, you should also consider the fact that with a lease or without, the printer will ultimately run on your power source so that cost remains constant. The most you can do is look for an energy efficient printer to reduce power costs.
If your business doesn't regularly require all of the features of a multifunction machine – printing, copying, scanning, and faxing – then you may not need an all-in-one printer. Consider your needs carefully.
The Cost to Lease an All-in-One Printer #
All-In-One printer lease rates vary according to features, size, capabilities, vendor, and volume. Typically, lease categories are high, medium, or low volume, referring to how much printing you do each month. This means you need an accurate estimate of your printing needs before signing a lease. Too low, and you're paying extra for exceeding your lease, and at an exorbitant rate. Too high, and you're paying for services you don't require.
- Expect to pay between $120 and $160 per month for a black and white printer, including ink and maintenance.
- A color printer with ink and maintenance costs between $140 and $180 per month.
- A print volume of 600 copies costs between $100 and $120 per month.
- A print volume of 2,500 copies per month costs between $120 and $140 per month.
- A print volume of 30,000 copies per month costs between $150 and $180 per month.
- A print volume of 40,000 copies per month costs between $500 and $600 per month.
- A print volume of 50,000 copies per month costs between $3,000 and $5,000 per month.