How Much Does a Printer Scanner Copier Fax Cost?
Last Updated: October 12, 2022
On This Page
CostOwl.com note: Need a printer scanner copier at an affordable price? Fill out the 30 second questionnaire below and our office copier partners will send you free price quotes.
Summary: Printer Scanner Copier Prices #
Generally, low end basic MFDs can cost from $400 to $500. These are typically ink jet models that sit on your desk. You'll pay over $1,000 for laser. Mid-range models will cost anywhere from $2,000 to $8,000 and usually have digital technology. The super fast high-end machines can go up to $50,000 or more.
A multi-function printer, also called an all-in-one printer, has become a very popular choice for businesses as they combine multiple office tasks into one. Most of these devices have the ability to copy, print, scan, and even fax, without having to buy separate machines for each. These devices are great for saving space and money.
Here are a few things to consider before buying one of these MFDs.
All-in-One Considerations #
- They save a lot of money. This is the main reason most businesses go with an MFD. It's far less expensive to buy one unit than buying 3 or 4 stand alone units. In addition, you'll save on the toner/ink cartridges since you will only need to worry about one set. You'll, also, save on energy expenses by only running one machine.
- They save a lot of space. If space in your office is tight, an all-in-one is a great solution.
- If your machine is down, you lose all your task functionality. If you had stand alone units you would still are able to print if the fax machine breaks. With an all-in-one you risk having all of your tasks on hold until the machine can be repaired.
- Know your needs. If you need to scan in super high quality an MFD might not do the job. You may need a dedicated scanner. The same applies for copying in high volume. Most multi-function machines can keep up with stand alone units, but if your business requires high functionality for a specific task, make sure your MFD can keep up.
Sample All-In-One Printer Prices: #
We have provided some sample pricing for all-in-ones below. Use these estimates to get a good idea what your new or used MFD could cost you. To get an exact price quote fill out our free form to get connected to local multi-function device dealers.
- The HP CF067A LaserJet Enterprise MFP is $5,450 new.
- The Xerox VersaLink C505/X USB & Network Ready Color Laser All-In-One Printer is $2,560 new.
- A Refurbished CANON ADVANCE 6565i ImageRUNNER is $2,675.
- A HP LaserJet Enterprise MFP M725f Multifunction Monochrome Printer is $5,170 new.
- A Refurbished HP M775Z+ Color Laserjet Enterprise 700 MFP Printer is $3,900.
- An HP Hewlett Packard Q3939A model LaserJet CM6040F Multifunction Printer is $10,800.
Watch: The Differences Between a Copier, Printer, and MFP #
Watch this video to learn the difference between a copier, printer, scanner and an MFP.