How Much Does a Business Color Copier Cost?
Last Updated: October 12, 2022
On This Page
CostOwl.com note: Need an office color copier at an affordable price? Fill out the 30 second questionnaire below and our office copier partners will send you free price quotes.
Summary: Color Copier/Printer Prices #
A small business color copier starts at around $3,500 and can go as high as $17,000 or more.
Many business owners still believe that it is too expensive to buy a large, color copier and most make do with a black and white copier. Instead of buying, a fulfillment center (FedEx Kinkos) or a small desktop color copier is used for color copying. With changing technology color copiers have become less expensive. In some cases, they can be the same price as a black and white copier! While the ink and toner may be more expensive, with the proper settings, you can get your color copying price down to $.06 per page. You'll pay as much as $.90 per copy at your local copy service store. Even your small desktop color copier will cost you up to $.75 per copy. If your business needs consistent color copies then purchasing an office color copier will save money in the long run.
Tips for Buying a Color Copier #
- Decide if you need a color-only or a hybrid copier. If you need very precise color and do a lot of color copying then color-only might be for you. If you only make color copies once in a while then choose a hybrid machine. This allows you to set black and white as default setting and print color only when needed.
- Consider leasing. Leasing can save money for a business and works well if your business does not have the extra funds to put down on this large purchase. Read our article on copier leasing prices.
- Know your copy volume. This will be one of the more important factors to consider when choosing what color copier to buy. Copier volume is measured in copies per minute (CPM). If your copier isn't fast enough your employees will be standing around waiting. Don't purchase one that is overkill either, as cpm will directly affect the cost of your color copier.
Average Color Copier Prices #
We have provided some estimates for color copier machines below. To get an accurate estimate fill out our fast form below to get connected to copier dealers. They will help you figure out what type of copier will fit your business and give you free price quotes.
- A New Konica Minolta BizHub C284e Color Laser MFP that prints at 28 ppm BLACK, 28 ppm COLOR costs $3,650.
- A Used CANON ADVANCE C7580i ImageRUNNER with print speeds of up to 70-ppm in Color and 80-ppm in B&W costs $3,500.
- A Refurbished Toshiba eStudio 6550C with 75 ppm Print & 77 ppm Scan with 6.5 Seconds Color 5.3/5.3/4.6 Seconds B&W costs $5,000.
- A New Canon ImageRunner Advance C5540i III Color Copier with a print speed of 40 pages per minute costs $5,400.
- A New Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE DX C5850i Color Copier with a print speed of 50 pages per minute costs 9,900.
- A New Xerox WorkCentre EC7836 Color Laser MFP with a print speed of 35 ppm BLACK, 35 ppm COLOR costs $17,600.
- The Ricoh Aficio MP C4500 Color Copier is an All-in-one: print, copy, scan and fax. It also has fast speeds of 45 ppm B&W and 40 ppm color. It can be purchased new for around $13,500. It leases for $439/month.
- Sharp MX-5500N Color Laser Copier is designed for high speed workgroups. It does up to 55 ppm (mono) / up to 41 ppm (color). It can be purchased used for about $6,500.
Watch: Best Color Laser Printer 2022 | Top 5 Color Laser Printers #
Watch this video to learn about the best color printers on the market in 2022.
- 5 Key Benefits of Using a Color Copier in your Business.
- 5 Aspects to Consider When Buying a Copy Machine