How Much Does it Cost to Start an Anytime Fitness Franchise?
Last Updated: December 27, 2021
On This Page
CostOwl.com note: Interested in opening a franchise at an affordable price? Fill out the 30 second questionnaire below and our business franchise partners will send you free price quotes.
Everything You Need To Know About Anytime Fitness #
Americans spend over $60 billion each year in their attempts to achieve the perfect body. That total includes diet foods and pills, of course, but a substantial portion of that figure comes from gym memberships.
Health club franchises are enormously popular, and Entrepreneur named Anytime Fitness in its list of top franchises for 2016, thanks to the organization's incredible success around the world, with over 1,900 facilities in the United States alone and over 2 million members. If you're looking for a franchise with excellent brand recognition, Anytime Fitness makes a solid choice.
The Price of Registering at Anytime Fitness and Creating an Entire Franchise #
Membership prices for Anytime Fitness depend on the type of membership you want. There are three basic membership plans, each with its own pricing and fee structure. According to your needs, you can opt for the plan that suits you best. Here we describe the prices of different memberships.
- 1.Single membership: The monthly fee is around $40, plus the subscription price of about $50. Single membership includes access to a one-time key with a fee of $35. If you opt to cancel the membership, you can do it free of cost, as there is no penalty for membership cancellation.
- 2.Dual membership (two people) package: This package includes a subscription fee of $100, with a monthly cost of around $60. If you require a one-time key, it will again cost you around $35; however, cancellation is free of cost.
- 3.Annual membership package: The annual fee for a single person is around $400. In addition, Anytime Fitness charges a monthly subscription price of $50 with a one-time key that costs $35. Again, cancellation is free of cost. The annual membership fees for two adults, includes the subscription price of $100 with an annual cost of around $650. There is the additional one-time key charge of $35 and the cancellation is, as always, free of cost.
If, however, you are looking to open an actual franchise, there are numerous costs to consider. Anytime Fitness requires franchisees to follow a particular plan that includes various articles you must install, buy, or license. The total cost for the franchise ranges between $100,000 and $500,000, so budget accordingly.
There is an entire plan that you will need to follow. On average, your budget should range from around $100,000 to $500,000. This encompasses many articles that you either need to install, buy, or license. Here we describe the many different aspects that will draw your cash.
- Anytime Fitness recommends liquidity of $100,000 and net worth of at least $300,000
- The cost of the franchise itself ranges between $20,000 and $40,000
- Real estate and improvements range widely, from $12,000 to $299,000, depending on location and needed improvements
- Fitness equipment ranges between $4,200 and $23,000
- Global access equipment ranges from $4,000 to $14,300
- Signage, inside and out, averages around $5,000
- Supplies and furniture average around $5,000
- Miscellaneous administrative costs (insurance, legal fees, etc.) cost between $5,000 and $10,000
- Advertising before your grand opening costs around $10,000
- Anytime Fitness recommends three months of operating costs, between $40,000 and $66,000