How Much Does CertainTeed Siding Cost?
Last Updated: January 25, 2022
On This Page
Over the last 100+ years CertainTeed has grown from a small roofing company to a leading North American manufacturer of building products, including vinyl and fiber cement siding. In this buying guide you'll learn more about each type of CertainTeed siding, including how much it costs to install.
Reasons to Install CertainTeed Siding #
Below is a summary of why you should consider installing CertainTeed vinyl siding or fiber cement siding on your home.
CertainTeed Vinyl Siding #
Vinyl siding made by CertainTeed is among the industry's best-selling for reasons that include the following:
- Choice: With three distinct types of vinyl siding, from its classic collection to insulated panels to shakes that imitate cedar, available in dozens of different colors and styles, CertainTeed makes it easy to express yourself.
- Ease of Ownership: Not only is CertainTeed vinyl siding virtually maintenance free, but it is protected by a limited lifetime warranty. The warranty ensures that the original owner does not absorb the cost of any manufacturing defect and can be a major selling point if you sell your home, as the siding will still be covered for fifty years from the date of installation.
- Sustainability: As CertainTeed points out, sustainability begins at home. If minimizing your environmental impact is a priority, then you can feel good about installing any of CertainTeed's vinyl siding lines, all of which are NAHB Green Approved. The manufacturer also offers vinyl siding that is made from recycled materials in addition to vinyl that is Energy Star rated.
CertainTeed Fiber Cement Siding #
Made from Portland cement, recycled materials, wood fiber, and specialty additives bonded under high-pressure, CertainTeed cement fiber siding is an excellent wood alternative for many reasons, including the following:
- Durability: Fiber cement has the natural look of wood but with much lower maintenance costs. Although it does need to be painted, fiber cement requires repainting much less frequently than wood. In addition, fiber cement resists swelling, warping, and sun damage and it won't rot or become damaged by woodpeckers or insects.
- Value: Maximize your return on investment (ROI) by installing CertainTeed fiber cement. According to Remodeling Magazine, fiber cement is tops in terms of home siding resale value, offering homeowners a 78 percent ROI.
- Style: With beauty that belies its durability, CertainTeed cement siding is available in more than 20 prefinished colors and stains, several textures (including wood grain, smooth, and stucco), and numerous designs (such as lap, vertical panels, shingles, and half rounds).
CertainTeed Siding Average Costs #
Please note that the actual cost of CertainTeed siding may vary based on your location, the complexity of the installation, and other factors.
CertainTeed vinyl siding costs $4.50 to $9.00 per square foot installed, or $7,500 to $12,000 for a 1,500 exterior square foot home.
Woodgrain or brushed clapboard or dutchlap costs $5 to $6 per square foot
Insulated vinyl siding costs around $6 to $7 per square foot
Shakes that imitate real cedar cost $6 to $9 per square foot
CertainTeed fiber cement siding costs $5 to $10 per square foot installed (the heavier weight of fiber cement makes it more expensive to install than vinyl), or around $7,500 $15,000 for a home with 1,500 exterior square feet.
Adding soffit, fascia, or gutter will increase the total price.
Removing existing siding could add $1 to $3 per square foot to the project cost