How Much Does a Greenhouse Misting System Cost?
Last Updated: January 19, 2022
On This Page
Greenhouse owners are in a constant struggle to keep their plants healthy by maintaining an optimal humidity level and temperature. During the summer months, shading and ventilation are sometimes not enough to prevent greenhouse overheating. One way to keep the conditions inside of a greenhouse comfortable for plants is by installing a greenhouse misting system. Details about greenhouse misting systems, in addition to pricing information, are provided below.
An Overview of Greenhouse Mist Systems #
A greenhouse mist system delivers pressurized water through tiny nozzles, producing atomized water that evaporates in the air. While this is the basic way that all greenhouse water misting systems work, there are considerable differences between individual systems.
Some, for example, use powerful pumps that create highly pressurized water and an ultra fine mist that prevents plants from becoming soaked, while other systems produce a coarser mist. Also, depending on the size of the greenhouse and the distribution of plants within it, individual water mist systems require varying amounts of spray nozzles and piping as well as different nozzle spacing. Finally, greenhouse mist systems can be outfitted with a number of options, including an automatic timer, a thermostat, and a humidity controller.
Whichever greenhouse mist system is right for your needs, you can count on it delivering a number of benefits, including:
- Temperature control: Cold weather is a well-known plant killer, but excessive heat can be just as deadly. Misting systems can reduce greenhouse temperature by up to 30% through evaporative cooling.
- Humidity control: When humidity drops below 30%, plants can enter a dormant state of zero growth or even die. An automatic misting system can keep humidity at an ideal level (usually around 50% to 70%).
- Fertilize: A greenhouse water mist system can easily and effectively deliver fertilizer to plants.
Greenhouse Misting System Costs #
The cost of a greenhouse misting system can vary significantly based on the options described above.
- A complete greenhouse misting system that includes a timer can be purchased for $500 or less. Such a system, however, is not a high pressure system with a pump.
- A quality, high-powered greenhouse water misting system that disperses a fine mist might cost $1,000 to $2,000 or more.
- A greenhouse humidification fan can improve humidity levels, temperature, and air flow and costs approximately $750 to $1,250.
- Professional greenhouse misting system installation costs an additional 25% to 35%.